Spiced Chicken Maryland
Ingredients & Quantity
- 3 pcs chicken marylands (whole leg)
- 3 tbsp Ishka Caper Berbere
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare
- In a mixing bowl, add the chicken and season with salt, Ishka Berbere, olive oil and let it marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- In a hot skillet, add the marinated legs and cook until golden brown on one side. Turn over and add the garlic, thyme and butter.
- Place inside a pre-heated 180-degree oven for 20-25 minutes, basting the chicken every 10 minutes with the pan juices and the butter.
- Once cooked, set aside and rest for 5-10 min before carving and serve with preferred salad/grains of your choice.