Ingredients & Quantity
20 pcs fresh prawns, cleaned and deveined
- 1 cup tempura flour pre-mix (store-bought)
- 2 cups soda
- 2 tsp Caper Pepper Sprinkle
- 1 tsp Ishka Kerala Hot Sauce (optional)
FOR THE CAPERBERRY TARTARE
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Ishka Caperberry Mustard
How to Prepare
- For the Caperberry Tartare – whisk together the mayonnaise and the Ishka Caperberry Mustard until well incorporated and refrigerate before serving.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the tempura flour and the soda to make a tempura batter that barely coats the back of a spoon. This will result in a thin and crispy tempura layer.
- Dredge the prawn in a little bit of the dry tempura flour mix and transfer into the batter. Preheat a pot of oil to 180 degrees Celsius. Holding the tail, wriggle in the prawns gently into the hot oil. Sprinkle some batter on top of the prawn to form crispier tempura specs. Cook for a minute or two until golden brown and transfer to an absorbent paper.
- Season the tempura, while still hot, with the Caper Pepper Sprinkle and toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with the Caperberry Tartare on the side or make a bed of it to serve the tempura on.
- Spoon Kerala Hot Sauce on the tempura to amp the heat up.