Ingredients & Quantity
200 gms Brocolli florets
- 1 cup tempura flour pre-mix (store-bought)
- 2 cups soda
- 2 tsp Caper Pepper Sprinkle
- 1 tsp Ishka Kerala Hot Sauce (optional)
FOR THE CAPERBERRY TARTARE
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Ishka Caperberry Mustard
How to Prepare
- For the Caperberry Tartare – whisk together the mayonnaise and the Ishka Caperberry Mustard until well incorporated and refrigerate before serving.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the tempura flour and the soda to make a tempura batter that barely coats the back of a spoon. This will result in a thin and crispy tempura layer.
- Dredge the broccoli in a little bit of the dry tempura flour mix and transfer into the batter. Preheat a pot of oil to 180 degrees Celsius. Cook for a minute or two until golden brown and transfer to an absorbent paper.
- Season the tempura, while still hot, with the Caper Pepper Sprinkle and toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with the Caperberry Tartare on the side or make a bed of it to serve the tempura on.
- Spoon Kerala Hot Sauce on the tempura to amp the heat up.