Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 jar Ishka Smoked Caper Sofrito
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 tsp ishka Caper Pepper sprinkle
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ricotta
- Arugula, to garnish
How to Prepare
- Transfer the Smoked Caper Sofrito to a skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down and crack the eggs into the skillet. Cover with a lid and cook for 7-8 minutes on a low flame if you prefer your eggs soft and runny or 10-12 minutes if you prefer them well cooked.
- Once eggs reached the desired stage, garnish them with the Ishka Caper Pepper Sprinkle and season with the chopped herbs and some fresh Arugula as a salad on top.
- Spoon on a few blobs of fresh Ricotta to add creaminess. Generally, Feta is crumbled on top but that would make this preparation too salty.
Optional: if you would like to add some crunch to this dish you can garnish with fried onions or Pomme Frites