HUMMUS with Capers
Ingredients & Quantity
- 1 Cup boiled chickpeas
- Juice of 1 lime
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Ishka Farms Sea Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Tahina
- 3/4 cup water reserved from the cooking of the chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbs drained Ishka Farms Capers
- 1 tsp Ishka farms Caper Berbere / Chilli Flakes
How to Prepare
- Soak the chickpeas overnight and boil in a pressure cooker until soft.
- Drain the chickpeas while warm and reserve a cup of the water
- In a blender add the cooked and cooled chickpeas, Ishka Farms Sea Salt, tahina, lime juice and garlic cloves.
- Blend to a smooth paste. Add the reserved cooking water as required to get desired consistency
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Bloom the drained capers in warm oil.
- Add the Caper Berbere and pour over the Hummus