Grilled Haloumi, Hot Caper Labneh, Smoked Tomato Sofrito
Ingredients & Quantity
- ½ jar Ishka Smoked Tomato Sofrito
- 1 block of Haloumi, sliced into ½ in thick slices
- 100g Arugula leaves to garnish
FOR THE LABNEH
- 1 cup hung curd
- 2 tbsp Ishka Kerala Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Ishka Caper Pepper Sprinkle
How to Prepare
- For the Labneh – Whisk together the hung curd, Caper Pepper Sprinkle and Kerala Hot Sauce until well incorporated and refrigerate.
- Place the Haloumi in a cold non-stick pan along with some olive oil and cook on medium heat. When the Haloumi caramelises and starts to soften, flip and cook on the other side until both sides are golden brown.
- Heat the Smoked Tomato Sofrito in a small saucepot and set aside.
- To serve, smear a dollop of the hung labneh onto a plate/ platter and place the Haloumi on it. Spoon the warm Sofrito over the Haloumi.
- This can be turned into a pita pocket or served alongside Couscous to make a more substantial meal.