Baked Sweet Potato
Ingredients & Quantity
- ½ kg, orange sweet potato, peeled
- 2 tbsp Ishka Caper Berbere
- 2 tbsp jalapenos, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare
- In a mixing bowl, add the sweet potato and season with salt, Ishka Caper Berbere, jalapenos, garlic, thyme and yogurt. Marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- In a lined oven tray, place the potatoes on a piece of parchment and cook at 180-degree oven for 20-25 mins until the potatoes are cooked, and the spices are charred on the outer layer.
- Once cooked, set aside and rest for 5-10 min before serving with preferred salad/grains of your choice with a wedge of lime.
- Leftovers make for a great wrap the next day.